Thursday, November 16, 2017

Healthy vs. Unhealthy

Hello parents. Today in class we talked about the difference between healthy and unhealthy foods. I started this off by reading The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Junk Food. The link that I have provided is a YouTube video of someone reading the story if you want to go over it at home. The students seemed to enjoy reading the story. After we read the story I put up this presentation slide that I made with Visme showing healthy and unhealthy foods. I displayed it without telling them which side was which. I then handed out two paper strips to each student with healthy and unhealthy written on them and asked them to place them on the side that they thought each of them belonged to.


I used pictures of actual foods this time instead of just clip art images so that they could see what the foods look like in real life. After they chose which side healthy and unhealthy belonged to I asked a couple of the students to explain their choices. After hearing their explanations I made my own explanation of why the left side was healthy and the right side was unhealthy. I found a game that you can play at home with your kids that you have to sort the healthy and unhealthy foods. As always please be sure to subscribe to the blog so that you get notified every time that I post.

(Image credits: salad, chicken, pasta, milk, fruit, hamburger, chips, candy, chocolate, soda)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Healthy or Unhealthy?

Hi parents. Today we did an activity to test your children's knowledge of healthy and unhealthy foods. I created a Quizlet which you can...