Thursday, November 2, 2017

Fun Food Groups!

Hello parents! Today in class we started talking about the different food groups. I created a Thinglink that I displayed in class to talk about the different food groups. I outlined each picture with the colors that correspond to the MyPlate organization of the food groups.



I first asked the students to identify what foods were on the screen (e.g. apple, lettuce). Then I explained which food group the food belonged to and asked them if they could name any other foods that were in that group. Then I hovered over the point on the Thinglink to reveal if they were right in their thinking.

A great resource for you to find out more information about nutrition is the Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion website. I encourage you to talk about the different food groups at home and to try to incorporate them into your family meals. Also check out some of the games and activities about MyPlate that you can help your children do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Healthy or Unhealthy?

Hi parents. Today we did an activity to test your children's knowledge of healthy and unhealthy foods. I created a Quizlet which you can...